Back to the Basics
This Geo-exchange repair was necessary to get the client up and running. The system was 8 years old, with a history of failed compressors, nuisance trips and high energy consumption. It had 5 commercial 3 phase heat pumps distributed around a 2 acre facility. We were called to solve the problem and get the system performing as it should.
- Poor mechanical design put radiant zones in series with heat pumps causing flowrates well outside of design range
- Poor system control had the heat pumps short cycling, running hotter than necessary and using backup heat
- Re-evaluate and determine design parameters for mechanical equipment and hydronic delivery
- De couple heating and heat pump loops, ensure design flowrate criteria are met
- Install intelligent control system that is capable of staging, setback, and interlocking with other equipment
- Install variable speed pressure controlled circulators for minimum energy consumption an maximum performance
What We Do
Stage 3 Renewables is an innovative renewable energy company with an excellent reputation.
- Design / build & Project Management
- Energy modelling and pre-feasibility studies
- Engineering design and documentation
- Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical systems - we can fix it!
- New construction and conversions to Renewables
Where We Work
Stage 3 Renewables is a British Columbia renewable energy company. We work throughout Coastal BC in places like, Greater Vancouver: Richmond, Burnaby, Delta, Surrey, Ladner, North Vancouver, White Rock, West Vancouver, The Fraser Valley: Langley, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Hope, Mission, North Fraser River: New Westminster, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody. We bring Renewable Energy solutions to you! Call us today about your project.