The Geoexchange Advantage
Efficiency – A well designed Geoexchange ground source system can reach a coefficient of performance (COP) of 5. That means that for every unit of energy put in, 4 additional units of energy, in the form of heat, can be extracted. That’s 5 times as efficient as resistive electrical heating and up to 8 times more efficient than combustion technologies such as oil or gas.
Versatility – They can be used to heat your building in winter (hydronic in floor or forced air), cool your building in summer, pre-heat your hot water, even heat your pool!
Comfort – Due to the lower temperature, higher volume air delivery, you will experience lower temperature gradients, better mixing and more air changes which adds up to a cleaner, more comfortable building.
Safety – No combustion flame. No flammable fuel such as oil or gas. No carbon monoxide (CO) leakage potential and no risk of backdrafting combustion product into your building.
Environment – By eliminating fossil fuel combustion devices such as oil or gas furnaces, a major contributor to greenhouse gasses (CO), you can significantly lighten the load on the planet. And by producing up to 5 times as much heat per unit energy as a baseboard heater or electric furnace, the energy you buy and use goes a lot further.
Operating Cost – In BC we enjoy some of the lowest electricity prices in the world which makes annual operating costs very low relative to combustion technologies.
- Residential site evaluation, design, installation, commissioning and service of geothermal heat pumps
- Troubleshooting and optimization of existing ground or pond loop heat pump installations
- Facilitation of Canadian Geothermal Coalition (CGC) certification and registration
Nordic Geothermal Heat Pump
Water to air heat pump for heating and cooling air
What We Do
Stage 3 Renewables is an innovative renewable energy company with an excellent reputation.
- Design / build & Project Management
- Energy modelling and pre-feasibility studies
- Engineering design and documentation
- Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical systems - we can fix it!
- New construction and conversions to Renewables